The Granulation/Blending Operator is responsible for the operation and set up of granulators, drying oven, blenders, screening equipment etc. in accordance with company standard operating procedures. The position includes set up, operation, cleaning and preventative maintenance of all related equipment. The Operator is accountable for overall performance including safety, quality, shrink, attainment and production efficiency. Operators must be capable of operating multiple like machines at one time and learning to operate a variety of equipment within the manufacturing area.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow batch records, SOP’s, and cGMP’s guidelines to ensure product specifications and tolerances are met.
- Ensures full compliance with Company policies, procedures, GMP’s, Ethical Business Practice, and SOP’s at all times. Ensures documentation such as operation logs, batch records, etc. are fully completed, signed and in compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that product meets applicable quality standards. This includes inspection for quality during operation and performing all required sampling and testing.
- Complete all labeling and inventory movements to ensure accurate inventory control.
- Dismantle and clean any accessories and equipment while also maintaining a clean work area.
- Train in the operation, cleaning and set-up of the following pieces of equipment as well as new equipment:
- Rapid Mixer Granulator: 100L & 600L and planetary mixer
- Fluid bed dryer/processor
- Tray Drying Ovens
- Fitz mill/Multi mill
- Double cone/V- blenders: 6cu. ft. to 150 cu. ft.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 3+ years Granulating/Blending Operator experience
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in nutritionals, supplements, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industries
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team and assist others.
- Able to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations as required.
- Understands and is knowledgeable of cGMP, OSHA standards etc.
- Mechanically inclined to understand inner workings of equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and write basic English in order to be able to understand the industry regulated instruction sheets