Manager Supply Chain
North Brunswick, NJ
Based in New Jersey, US Pharma Lab, Inc. is an umbrella of established custom manufacturers which specialize in the making of dietary supplements and sports nutrition products, as well as nutraceutical/pharmaceutical raw materials, catering to the needs of industry leaders worldwide. US Pharma Lab was established in 1996 and has expanded globally with manufacturing and marketing facilities in the United States, India and China. We are seeking a candidate for the position of Manager, Supply Chain.
The Manager, Supply Chain will build the function of Procurement, Inventory Management, Planning, Distribution, and Data Engineering into a coherent unified group that enables USPL Nutritionals to meet target sales and service objectives. The Manager works cross-functionally with internal departments including supply chain teams located in India and China. He/She is also responsible for planning and monitoring all contract manufacturing. The Manager, Supply Chain will evaluate past performance data to forecast needs, limit costs, and develop strategic plans for improving accuracy, quality, and efficiency of operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and maintains a Supply Chain management program(s) including strategic sourcing and planning, vendor identification and qualification, negotiations, business and supply agreements, while providing operational oversight including due diligence, relationship management, and success metrics and reporting.
- Develop and implement solutions to Procurement performance & service issues as they arise while driving cost savings.
- Prepares and manages long-and short-term production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of products and target inventory levels
- Monitors SKU levels, recommends future SKU rationalization initiatives and proactively re-engineers inventory management processes for continuous improvement of cash-flow, product lead-times, and inventory turn rates.
- Oversees demand planning (forecasting and inventory) requirements process. Coordinates forecast and inventory planning meetings to review recommended forecasts and inventory goals and communicates forecasts and inventory measurements to management
- Assist in the development of distribution infrastructure that supports our customers in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- BS/BA degree required, advanced degree in business or related field and/or professional certification(s) a plus.
- 8+ years in Supply Chain, 2+ in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in Nutritional /Pharmaceutical industry required; Familiarity with GMP and FDA regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Certifications from APICS or CSCP a plus.